This second edition of The Principles of Beautiful Web Design is the ideal book for people who can build websites, but are seeking the skills and knowledge to visually enhance their sites.
This book will teach you how to:
- Understand the process of what makes "good design," from discovery through to implementation
- Use color effectively, develop color schemes, and create a palette
- Create pleasing layouts using grids, the rule of thirds, and symmetry
- Employ textures: lines, points, shapes, volumes, and depth
- Apply typography to make ordinary designs look great
- Choose, edit, and position effective imagery
And lots more...
This revised, easy-to-follow guide is illustrated with beautiful, full-color examples, and leads readers through the process of creating great designs from start to finish.
It also features:
- Updated information about grid-based design
- How to design for mobile resolutions
- Information about the future of web fonts including @font-face
- Common user-interface patterns and resources
- New website design wanted for CIO of the Future (99designs.com)
- The Principles of Effective Web Design (websitedesignmadeeasy.wordpress.com)
- 3 Areas of Focus in Web Design (techwench.com)
- When will you speak up? (knogimmicks.com)
- Weekly Web Design Inspiration #30 (downgraf.com)
- Any good tut or tips for web design? (stackoverflow.com)
- The pitfalls of being a web designer (sentivawebdesignleeds.wordpress.com)
- A web designer needs to be updated current trends. (ramamohan.wordpress.com)
- The Beginners Guide To Services (From Step 1) (zohrbak.com)